If your video submissions have no sound, confirm you are not connected to a Bluetooth device. The audio may be coming from one of those instead of from the phone or computer.
Or, you may need to adjust your browser permission settings before you record a video for submission. Here are how you can do that for a few different browsers:
- On your Android device, open the Chrome app .
- To the right of the address bar, tap More (triple dots) > Settings.
- Tap Site Settings.
- Tap Microphone or Camera.
- Tap to turn the microphone or camera on or off.
- Look for Quilted.io under the Blocked list. If you see it BLOCKED, tap Quilted.io > Access your camera > Allow.
- Unblock BOTH camera and mic!
- Open the Settings app
- Tap on Safari > Camera
- Scroll down to Camera & Microphone
- Confirm that "Ask" or "Allow" is checked
On a Chrome browser, navigate to the left of the URL and click on the “lock” icon.
Once you have clicked the “lock” icon, you will select “site settings."
The site settings will show a variety of different permission settings to adjust. If you scroll down, you will see the option for sound.
Unfortunately, recording on Safari on desktop does not work. Please use a different browser to create your special Quilted project.
On Firefox, click on the three dashed lines on the top right corner of the browser.
Then, you will select “preferences."
On the preferences page, click on “privacy & security” on the side menu.
Scroll down until you see “Permissions.” You may need to make changes to your “Auto-Play” if the video is not playing back with sound. Or looking at your “microphone” could help determine if preferences could be denied when the submission was recorded.